| map-marker Lake City, Florida

Dishonest company only out for themselves

They are liars and don't honor there dealership unlimited mile powertrain warranty. They knew what they were selling and didn't write the contract right so I get blamed for there dishonesty and shady practice.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't trust Morgan auto group

Bad business ethics

Updated by user Jun 18, 2024

It's bad customer service and only out to save there own butts. They screw up and blame it on the customer.

Updated by user Jun 12, 2024

As of June 11 2024 Morgan auto group has yet to get in touch with me about the situation. Micheal the finance manager admits to a mess up on there part.

But doesn't want to resolve the situation that benefits both side. Morgan auto group is definitely a dishonest company only out for their benefit.

Original review Jun 11, 2024
To whom it may concern,
My name is Sebastian Nettis, and I purchased a used truck from Lake City Dodge. Upon purchase, I also acquired an extended warranty for this truck.

At the time, Jessie from the finance department wrote the purchase agreement. The truck I purchased was a 2020 Ford F-150, equipped with a lift kit, oversized tires, and a gooseneck receiver in the bed. Fast forward to February 2024, when my transmission went bad. After contacting the Lake City Dodge service department, I was directed to bring it to a Ford dealership.

Upon doing so, the Ford service department diagnosed the issue as a faulty transmission. They submitted a claim to the extended warranty but were denied due to the fact that the truck was equipped with oversized tires and a gooseneck receiver. Michael, the finance manager, agreed that Jessie incorrectly wrote up my agreement.

Consequently, I now have a truck at the Ocala Ford dealership with no functioning transmission and a pending monthly payment on the vehicle. I sincerely request that the Morgan Auto Group pay for the transmission, which I firmly believe, should be covered by warranty and by the dealership's powertrain warranty that was offered by Lake City Dodge.
Guest

We just purchased a truck from Lake City CDJR June 29, 2024. " Michael" did the financing.

He added $4000 extended warranty without a word mentioned. Sent us home with a blank thumbdrive and no other documentation. When I returned to get copies of paperwork, we had a much larger amount financed than had been disclosed. " Michael" was unavailable that day.

Graham basically said we lied. He did cancel warrenty after much heated discussion. But, they kept the $280.00 sales tax charged.

Poor company to deal with. Crooks!!

| map-marker Lake City, Florida

Bad customer service and bad business ethics to customer.

Not all employees at Morgan Auto Group are bad, but when they admit a former finance department manager was wrong and do not rectify the problem in a fair and timely manner, that is wrong. They also do not stand behind their own dealership warranty on unlimited mileage powertrain, which is also wrong.

If the shoe was on the other foot, they would be mad and disgruntled about the situation too. However, they seem to have forgotten where they came from. Morgan Auto Group is the fifth largest dealer in the nation and the biggest lobbyist in Tallahassee, Florida. What a shame for Florida and its residents.

Morgan Auto Group would trip over a dollar to pick up a penny. They are dishonest and lack morals.

Preferred solution: Fix this situation

Resolve issues

Where do I go to get the Morgan Auto Group unlimited mile powertrain warranty that is offered to new and used vehicles sold by the Morgan Auto Group? The one you purchase when buying a vehicle is crap.

Morgan Auto Group told me that they stopped using True Gap Warranty because they were not a good company.

Again, Morgan Auto Group unlimited mile powertrain warranty info. Note, not the one a customer purchases at the time of signing the contract.

ronnie k Hrm

| map-marker Port Charlotte, Florida

Kia of port charlotte

i made an appointment at kia of port charlotte to get a malfunctioning tail light fixed and drove all the way there to be told 3 to 4 hours so i contacted Tyler the service manager at kia of port charlotte and was told that engines and transmissions are their priority that everyone else bringing cars there are just fill ins because he don't have adequate employees to do the jobs. ever since Morgan auto group took over this dealership it has gone down hill so bad.

i will take my business elsewhere from now on. all this for a warrantied part.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Some employees are great
Cons:
  • Service stinks they treat customers like crap

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: don't buy from here or definitely don't get service here unless you want to wait over 2 hours for a oil change or 3 to 4 hours to fix a taillight

map-marker Kissimmee, Florida

Horrible

The sales people that work there are real POS!! They are disrespectful as *** and said stuff that no customer service rep should ever say to a customer. You know who you are you in finance and the POS who answered our call and took it even further!!!

Guest

They kept it real, and you couldn't deal with it.

Arturo D Bin

Stay Away from Morgan Chevrolet

Morgan Auto Group - Stay Away from Morgan Chevrolet
Morgan Auto Group - Stay Away from Morgan Chevrolet - Image 2

I took the car to get a "low oil pressure" checked, Morgan Chevrolet turn my car on without changing the oil Pump and they locked my engine. They say that it was a pre-existence problem and did not offer any warranty after working on my car and damaging it.

After that while my car was at the dealership parking somehow my windows were left open and the rain got in, my passenger side window does not go up anymore. When I talk to the manager (Michael) he told me that their parking was like a Walmart parking and they were not responsible of anything it happens there and if I did not have my car out he would toll it out and that I could look for legal advice if I wanted. I got videos, photos and documentation to backup everything Im stating here.

If you value your car, stay away from this car dealer they are very unprofessional the service advisors (Freddy) never answer the phone and their manager is never available. You have been warned.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Would not take responsability for anything

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay Away

Steven F Xix

| map-marker Clermont, Florida

No service after the sale

Original review Mar 08, 2023

First, the back story. My son has recently moved out of our house and into a rental home with friends.

A week later, the check engine light came on in his older car and he had concerns with its reliability. At 15 years old with 98,000 miles on it, the decision was made to assist him with a replacement vehicle, so my son and I headed out to the local dealers to shop cars. My son has always had a pretty good head on his shoulders, went to college, has a professional job and works hard to pay his own way. What he lacks is long term credit history and at the moment, a down payment.

My wife and I decided that we would pay the down payment for him and assist in the financing of this vehicle. We visited multiple dealers that day and decided to purchase a 2020 certified pre-owned Kia Rio S five door with 35,800 miles from our local Kia of Clermont. Three days later, the check engine light came on.

My son had to attend a funeral that week and it was the following weekend before we dropped the car off at the dealer for the malfunction indicator. At this time we had been the owner of the car for just shy of 7 days.

As part of the service visit, the dealer offered to perform a complimentary multi point inspection and take care of the repair under warranty. Before even diagnosing the engine light, they had called to sell me a list of recommended services that they identified as needing attention. These recommendations were maintenance items that should have been performed at 30K miles but apparently were not. I explained that we had owned the vehicle less than a week and felt the used car department should be responsible for these items.

I further questioned what the whole "Certified Pre-owned" vehicle meant if they were selling it already past due for PM services. The dealership and I went back and forth many times over these services and after dealing with various department heads and management, we received zero satisfaction. In order to protect our remaining warranty, I now have to pay a different dealer in town (there are 4 Kia stores within a short drive) to perform a 30K service because I cannot trust the dealer I bought from to honestly represent their products.

This all happened two weeks back. I am sitting on multiple surveys for this dealership (sales and service) and I intend to vent my frustration and hope that I can draw some more attention to this issue and maybe gain the attention of the Morgan Automotive Group who owns this dealership.

Kia might be interested to know what condition their own CPO vehicles are being sold in as well. Although their 165 point inspection checklist does not include any maintenance items, the dealer uses this status to imply that these units are a "step above" the non-certified used cars on the lot as opposed to the potentially poorly maintained vehicles they may be found to be. I'm at a loss for words.

I feel betrayed by people who I would normally trust to be the professionals and I now need to drive further for my services due to a significant lack of confidence in my local dealer. I welcome any suggestions.

User's recommendation: There are too many central Florida Kia dealers to choose from. Pass on this one.

Charity D Bvm

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Original review Jun 03, 2023

I have been driving Landrovers for over a decade. I have never experienced worst customer service.

Advisors dont return calls at all.

Eventually they will send a text message.

The car had to go in MULTIPLE times as the issues were not completed.

Driving a $200,000 car should come with great customer service but this is horrible. Better service by far at the drive thru at McDonalds!

Pros:
  • Love the rovers
Cons:
  • Worst customer service

Preferred solution: Improve customer service!

User's recommendation: Don’t buy or bring your vehicle to a dealership owned by Morgan Auto Group

Joseph D Mqd

Underhanded tactics at Morgan Chevrolet

To whom it may concern,

I purchased a used SUV at Morgan Chevrolet on 12/29/22. I am extremely disa To whom it may concern,

I purchased a used SUV at Morgan Chevrolet on 12/29/22.

I am extremely disappointed in the underhanded tactics that I experienced at this ppointed in the underhanded tactics that I experienced at this dealership. I received a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee that is not safe to drive. There is damage to the windshield that effects the drivers view and the vehicle shakes noticeably at speeds over 65 mph. These defects were hidden during my test drive.

There are also charges and fees being added to the sale that I did not agree to but was deceived into signing for. I have contacted Michelle Hidden and have been called twice by a manager from the dealership who did not give me his name. After reading the experiences of others who have posted online reviews I feel these calls and emails are delaying tactics to reach some unscrupulous end.

I wanted to give some one else the opportunity to do the right thing and behave professionally with my purchase. It should have been a far more pleasant experience.

User's recommendation: Go to Auto Nation

| map-marker Hyattsville, Maryland

Overpaid on my Hyundai Santa Cruz

After leaving so many complaints on social media, I find it very odd that a major corporation will not even acknowledge when a customer has not had a good experience. Have been in customer service for many years and this is by no means a way to run a business,.

Can't believe you kept the GM Rex windsong at Hyundai of Fort Myers after the way he treats people I've heard from more than enough customers and employees that he is a tyrant, very disrespectful, and the way he discriminates against women and older people and probably a lot of others is beyond me.

Have checked with many other Auto groups and they say that your options are options which I was told I had to pay for so you guys just took $4,000 from me and didn't care if I liked it or not. Like one of my friends said that just bought from a Chevy dealership and a new bronco they had a great experience and it's sad that I had to spend $40,000 and have a bad experience!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Overpay

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't purchase from Hyundai of Fort Myers... Gettel has much better customer service

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Apollo Beach, Florida

Was discriminated against at one of your locations

Morgan Auto Group - Was discriminated against at one of your locations
Updated by user Oct 13, 2022

Unfortunately the update is not good I received two phone calls from someone named Sean who said he is the owner and the second message said he is the general manager called to see if he could resolve the issue yet he said he is busy and did not leave a phone number nor encourage me to get back a hold of him just said that he is unavailable and will call me back. So to add insult to injury I still have not gotten any paperwork regarding the sale of my Santa Cruz do not have a title or anything.

As far as I can tell my reviews on this website has not done any good or they just don't care they got my money and now go away. Guess I will have to seek more help and since they discriminated against me as a woman and talk down to me think maybe contact somebody in the me too movement

Updated by user Oct 03, 2022

They just don't care the only resolve that they had was for me to contact the general manager Rex Rex windsong to resolve the issue and that's the one who is the issue... I can't get a hold of somebody who discriminates and insults me so much it's not good for my mental health... So unfortunately I guess this won't get resolved and I'm screwed still and the discriminatory person gets to keep their job and everything else the same except I won't be sending them any customers where I had for sales for them already so you can pass that ride along to them and unfortunately I had to send them to their competitor

Original review Sep 01, 2022
Still haven't talked to anyone in the Company... Got a message to call the Same guy the GM of Fort Myers Hyundia, who was discriminating to me and my uncle, but not going to subject myself to his abusive behavior...I guess Morgan Auto Group only cares about sales, not loyal customers.

Called many other dealerships and their Options are just what they say... An OPTION
Loss:
Pros:
  • General manager rex windsong

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Not to shop at their dealerships

Robt Hwg

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Customer complaint

Yall are a joke. 3 hours for an oil change so I traded in my brand new car from you for an acura.

Over 6 monthes later and your staff have not even cancelled the extended warranty on the kia yet. I would like my money for my warranty back.

I do notnhave your *** box kia. Give me back my moneymoney.do not go here.

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Treated badly by GM of Fort Myers Hyundai

Was working with Jorge which was a very nice salesman and the reason why I drove from Punta Gorda all the way to Fort Myers to buy my Hyundai Santa Cruz.. after having to wait a while they had let me use a loaner car due to my tires needing changed on my Jeep which I was trading in, but only after I called the Hyundai corporation to find out how long it was going to take for my vehicle which I had been waiting on already and they are the ones who suggested that I should get a loaner car cuz it was not my fault I had to wait...

Went back into ask them about the costs that I did not understand since they ran through it very quickly during financing and also brought my uncle with me... When my uncle and I had both declined the dealer add-ons which were listed as options the GM whose name is Rex said that he would not sell me the Santa Cruz I had been waiting on unless I got the dealer add-ons with it even though it was still in transit and had not been done yet.. then he got very angry and grabbed the keys to the loaner from me and threw my keys down to my Jeep and told me even though my tires were unsafe to drive on that's that I had to take it with me until my Santa Cruz came in ... He's a very angry man and accused my uncle of smoking in his establishment which is not true because he went outside to smoke...

He belittled us and yelled at us and treated us very poorly... He also was very discriminating to me as being a woman several times when I had been in your dealership, and also discriminated against my uncle who is an older gentleman...

In the outcome I had to pay $4,000 more for dealer add-ons that I did not even want nor can I see and also the cleaning kit which I paid for I never got.. it's my understanding that the options are just what they are called options

Loss:

Preferred solution: I would like to get a full refund on the dealer options and hopefully the GM Rex is reprimanded or relieved of his position because I cannot recommend your group to anyone else as long as he is there.. he is very discriminating

User's recommendation: Not to use this location as long as the GM is still Rex

| map-marker Fort Myers, Florida

Treated badly by GM of Fort Myers Hyundai

Had a Santa Cruz on order for about a month the dealership gave me a loaner car to get me by since I did not want to get new tires on my vehicle and they said it would probably be till the end of the month... After I sign papers I realized that charges were a lot more than was discussed so I went back the next day with my uncle...

Upon looking things over, we declined the dealer options because they were about $4,000 and there was nothing on there that I really wanted... Upon expressing this the general manager Rex got very mad and told me that the car would be there probably the next day and that I can come and look at it and if I want to purchase it then I can or not, he then grabbed the keys of the loaner they gave me since they had bought my Jeep and through my keys down and said you can drive this home even though the tires are bald and not safe..

he proceeded to yell at my uncle by saying that he was smoking in his building which she clearly did not do because he went outside... He was very disrespectful and very discriminating to me as a woman and to my elderly uncle

Cons:
  • Gm rex was abusive and discriminates against women

User's recommendation: Do not go there until the GM Rex is no longer there

Brands Related to Morgan Auto Group

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article